Groups are the perfect way to connect with others in Rabbit. You can make a group focused on just about anything—a TV show, a movie, celebrity, fictional character, meme-sharing—you name it.
For now, anyone can join a Group. Group owners can moderate as needed.
Looking for information on Groups for mobile? Click here.
Click the Groups tab on the top of your page. From here, you can take a look through to see which ones you would like to join—or make one of your own.
On this page you can scroll to find something interesting or click the Explore button in My Groups (under your Suggested Friends list). See a group you like? Hover over its tile and click the orange View button to get more information.
In this same section, you can also find a list of all groups that you have joined.
Creating your own group has been disabled. Sit tight while we tweak this feature!
After visiting a Group page and deciding you'd like to join it, you'll find a Join button on the left side, under the title of the Group. Click it, and you're in.
View Activity/Group Members
By default, the Group landing page will be on the Activity feed. This will include posts contributed by the owner and members of the Group.
Clicking on Members will allow you to see who else has joined. Click the three dots next to a user to see the following options:
- Add Friend
- Go to room. Hop into a user's room, or request access to enter.
- Remove user. This option is only available for owners of a group.
- Unfriend. This option will only appear if you are currently friends with a user.
You can post any free-form text to the Group. You can find more information about free-form posts here.
The option to comment on a post is available only to Group members.
Host a Room
You can send a mass invite to all Group members by clicking the Invite all to my room button on the left side of the screen, underneath the Group name.
The first 25 people to accept the invitation will be able to join your room. If you choose to feature your room, the first 11 people to accept will be able to join.
Share group link
On the Group landing page, there is a three dots button to the right of the room name. Click it to reveal a dropdown menu. Select Share group link to get more people to join and spread the word.
View or Host Group Events
At the top of the Group landing page, there is an Events tab. Click it.
From here, you can view events hosted specifically for this Group, or Create an event. Click Create an Event to host your own event that is only accessible to members of this Group. Learn how to create an event here.
Events posted in a Group will not appear in the Events page on the Launchpad, however, while Group members are the ones who will primarily be aware of the event, anyone else on Rabbit can also join the event.
At this time, only the Group creator is able to moderate Group activity.
If a user posts something inappropriate, click on the three dots at the top right of the post to reveal the following options:
- Delete. This just deletes the post from the Group.
- Report. Let us know if we need to investigate the post further or take additional action.
- Remove User. Once a user has been removed from the Group, they cannot rejoin the Group and cannot interact with their previous posts.
On the top left of the Group page, you'll see a three dots menu next to the Group name. Click it to see the following options:
- Share group link. Copy and paste the link anywhere to get more people interested in joining your Group. The owner and all current group members will have the option to
- Delete group. This will remove the Group and its history for you and all existing members. Only the owner will have this option available.
- Report group. Group members or someone visiting a Group landing page will see this option to report inappropriate or questionable activity.
- Leave group. Group owners cannot leave the group (only delete). Choose this option to no longer be a part of this conversation.
Head to the Groups tab and scroll down to My Groups on the left side of the page. Select the Group you would like to leave. Once you are at the Group landing page, you'll see a three dots menu to the right of the Group name. Click it then select Leave group.