Are you using Rabbit with your friends, but seeing a black screen or error page? Nobody likes to be left out. Let's find out why you're seeing black.
Let's figure out the culprit. A few things to think about:
- Are you trying to see the Rabbitcast?
- Are you trying to a see a friend's video feed?
- Are you trying to see a shared tab with the Share on Rabbit extension?
- Are you trying to load the Rabbit app itself?
Black screen with the Rabbitcast
If you see a black screen or error page while watching a Rabbitcast, something maybe blocking the stream.
Can everyone else in the room see the Rabbitcast, but not you?
Something is likely blocking the stream, specifically a WebRTC blocker. It could be your browser, ad blocking or security software, or even the network / internet connection you're using.
Here are some things to try:
- On Web
- Switch to a different browser (Chrome or Firefox)
- If on mobile, restart the app
- On Mobile
- Ensure that you're on the latest version of the app
- Quit, then restart the app; try a different network / internet connection
- On Web or Mobile
- Have an extra laptop, or a smartphone with the Rabbit app? Join the chat you're in from there
- Try a different network / internet connection
- Your phone's mobile hotspot is a quick way to test this
If you can see the Rabbitcast feed in a different browser, network, or on another device, then you'll know where the block's happening. If you can't see the Rabbitcast at all, send us feedback from the room while it's open. There may be something else going on.
Can no one else in the room see the Rabbitcast?
If no one can see the Rabbitcast, then you may have gotten a buggy one! Stop the Rabbitcast and start a new one.
Still no luck? Report a problem from the room with details (that no one can see the Rabbitcasts, you've tried several). It may be affecting many users, and your feedback will help us investigate.
Black screen while video chatting
The best fix for all audio and video issues is to restart your browser, or switch to another one.
Still can't see your friend(s)? Try a different network / internet connection - yours might be blocking the video feed. If you continue to have issues, Report a problem from the room while it's happening so we can take a look.
Note: Video chat is not currently available on the mobile Rabbit app.
Black screen on a shared tab
If you're seeing a black screen while using the Share on Rabbit extension (super rare!), then this might be a bug. Please Report a Problem from the room while it's happening. Include the steps to reproduce so we can do some testing.
Black screen when loading the app
If you see a black screen (or white screen!) when using the app, try the following:
- Quit, then restart the app
- Uninstall, and reinstall the app
Still can't see anything? Please shoot us a message to email@example.com with details about what's going on. It may be affecting a lot of users.